Five for Friday {Linky Party August 8}



This is my very FIRST Five for Friday linky party with Doodle Bugs Teaching.  I am so excited!  

This week was a busy one.  We started the week off in New York City visiting my husband's family.  We went to our first Mets game.  I finally finished up a project that I had been working on for a few weeks.  TpT's Back to School sale snuck up on me but I was able to buy everything that I wanted.  We drove home on Monday and we have had some type of appointment every single day since we've been home!  I am hoping for a calmer weekend, but with two little kiddos calm really isn't much of an option! 


Oh, August.  I LOVE so much about August.  The weather is amazing.  The garden is finally producing regular veggies to harvest.  The Great New York State Fair comes at the end of the month.  The excitement for Back to School starts to build.  But, August is one of the busiest months for me.  My calendar is jam-packed!  

I have something scheduled for at least one person in my family almost every weekday in August!  I have all summer to schedule appointments but they always end up getting crammed into August!  

Our family went to our first Mets game on Monday.  My husband used to go to Mets games all the time with his dad and has so many great memories.  Each time we go back to visit his family, he always wants to go to a game but it never works out.  

He was so excited to squeeze in a game on our way home.  That's right!  On our way home.  We packed all of our stuff, drove to the game, stayed until the kids couldn't handle it anymore, and then drove home.  Like 5 hours home.  With two cranky kids.  Luckily, they slept for the first part of the trip!  I think Thomas was passed out before we even left the parking lot!





I finally finished a project I have been working on for a few weeks.  I worked a lot on my way down to NYC and a lot when we first got there because my goal was to get it done by the end of July.  Welp, I was a few days late but it is FINISHED!  

Introducing....




Now that it is posted, I have thought of a few more things I could include.  I will probably end up updating the file with new additions eventually.  Isn't that how it always is?  

I also included the FBA in my Special Education Bundle - The Whole Kit & Caboodle where you can find just about anything you would need as a special education teacher.  



This week, I joined up with a group of 5th grade teachers to put together a B2S blog hop and giveaway.  It kicks off tonight to make sure you come back later!


Here is a preview of what you can win:




And finally, this week I bought the supplies I need for an idea that I have for this school year.  Can you guess what I am making?  I'll be blogging about it soon!


Have a great week!  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment