My Back to School Sale Goodies


TpT's Back to School sale came early this year.  I wasn't ready for it to come so quickly but I stayed up late searching for products I could use this year with my 5th grade special education students.  I have a great advantage in that I have taught these kiddos before and know their interests and abilities.  

My goal was to find products that are:
* Engaging 
* Standards based
* On the level of my learners
* Math and Reading
* Hands-on
* An upper-elementary "look"
* And something to keep me organized!


~~~~~~~~~~

The first product that I found was a close reading set from Kennedy's Korner.  
My students LOVE animals and I loved this set because of the many activities for each passage and the real-life pictures.  My students need more practice reading non-fiction texts so this was perfect.  There are very thorough directions on how to teach close reads.  



You can read more about this Close Reads Animal Pack at Kennedy's Corner blog.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was so excited to purchase this product by Luckeyfrog!  


This bundle is HUGE!  There are 84 passages in all!  My plan is to use this during our Intervention block which is only 30 minutes, twice a week so this will be perfect for that!  I will probably have enough passages left over to use with the same kids as 6th graders!

My students are hands-on learners and need visual supports.  This set is perfect because it meets both of those needs.  An extra bonus is that New York State now allows the use of highlighters on the state tests. 

If the half-year set doesn't have enough materials for you, Jenny just released her Text Detectives - Find the Text Evidence Through the Year BUNDLE for a GREAT price!  You will not be disappointed.  

~~~~~~~~~~

For math, I found this interactive notebook by Blair Turner.  This Mega Bundle includes all of the 5th grade common core math standards.  Our district has a great math program (My Math), but I was looking for another way to address the standards with my kiddos.  Since my students really respond to hands-on activities, I thought this would be perfect.
This set is currently a pre-order because only a portion of what will be included is available.  I LOVE what I see so far and cannot wait for the rest of it to be released (Blair says that it should be completed by the end of the month).  If you purchase now, you will get the best price since it will increase as content gets added.  

My students are going to have FUN with math this year!



~~~~~~~~~~

The final purchase I made was just for ME!  I have been searching for the perfect teacher planner and I found it!  Let me introduce you to the Teacher Lesson Planner by A Modern Teacher.  This planner has everything!  It even includes all of the common core standards for K-5 for easy reference!  Amazing! 


It is customizable which is wonderful!  There are so many ways that you can use this planner!  You can bind it in as a notebook, use it in a binder, or even keep it digital if that is what you like.  

I plan on using it in a binder.  My favorite little part is that each day has a little space to include what you're cooking for dinner!  Not only do I need to plan lessons, but I need to plan my life!  
You can find more lesson planning help at A Modern Teacher's blog.

~~~~~~~~~~

I would love to see what you purchased for Back to School!  Please leave some links in the comments if you wrote a blog post because I am always looking for new great teacher creations!



Make sure you stop back here tomorrow night because a bunch of 5th grade teachers joined together for a B2S Blog Hop and Giveaway!  


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Happy Back to School Nicole! So glad you liked our Animal Pack of Close Reads! We will be posting our Fall Pack next week! Hope you stop by our blog soon! :)

    ReplyDelete