August S.L.A.N.T.


So today was my first day back to work.  I cried so much yesterday thinking about leaving my kiddos.  This morning, I enjoyed the quiet and even got to school almost an hour early to set some things up.  It was a long, busy day and I have so much left to do before the students come on Thursday.  I was exhausted but looking forward to coming home to my kiddos...who were still napping when I walked in.  Bummer.  

But...

Then I saw this:


S.L.A.N.T. - Sending Love Across the Nation to Teachers.  It is the most amazing brainchild of Jameson of Lessons With Coffee.  I mean, who doesn't love to get mail.  This is my second month participating and both months have been amazing!

I have met awesome teacher-bloggers that I may not have ever gotten to know.  Plus, like I said before:  Who does not just LOVE getting mail?!?  

So, I was super duper excited to open my package!  Bree from Kinder Kids did an amaaaaazing job putting this SLANT box together.  Here are a few of the highlights!




This month's theme was Hometown Pride so Bree included some Delaware stickers!


I LOVE polkadots and Bree used a lot of them in my box!  I love the headband and the orange scarf will be a perfect addition to my Syracuse Orange gear!  



How adorable are these cardstock mason jars?  They also have itty bitty polka dots.  LOVE!  I think I might spell out my last name since there are enough jars then hang the whole thing on my desk at work.

 Tieks.  Need I say more?  Bree got me a gift certificate towards a new pair of tieks.  Oooo la la!

Guess what?  There was even more!  There was a bag of Jelly Belly jelly beans that were quickly claimed by my daughter.   Bree also made vinyl cut-outs of my kids names for their bedrooms.  How sweet is that?  

Needless to say, I was spoiled this month!  Bree made my day when I got home from a long day at work.  I love my entire box!

I also met another wonderful teacher-blogger this month.  Suzanne from Create Educate Inspire is an adorable teacher from Ohio and I had fun putting together a S.L.A.N.T. box for her.  

Do you S.L.A.N.T.?  Do you want to?  You can sign up for next month's exchange at Lessons With Coffee.  You will not regret it!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. That does look like the perfect way to end the first day of school! I just signed up for my first SLANT box this month too - and I am super excited. I can't wait to get my match and start crafting up ideas. Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete