First Full Week of School - Check!


Oh boy, am I tired!  I made it through my first full week (and a half from the week before) of school in 18 months.  I am glad to be back in the classroom with my kiddos and I really missed my teacher friends.  I almost forgot what it was like to have a conversation with another adult besides my husband!

It was a crazy two weeks!  Not only did I return to work, but Lily started preschool and gymnastics.  My husband has been on evening shifts so we have been taking turns with the kids.  We have had 4 different child care arrangements going on since our regular sitter is out of town for most of September.  Oh, and I got a flat tire in my school's parking lot!  Thankfully, one of my teacher friends was able to help me change the tire so I could get home. 


Since we couldn't get into our classrooms this summer, I feel like I am still playing catch up.  I still have so many things that are unorganized or not set up yet.  My husband is back on day shifts this week so hopefully, I can stay late some nights and get things caught up.  

One of the best things about being gone for a year in a half is that I am able to work with the same kiddos as 5th graders that I had as 3rd graders.  I already have established relationships with them and their families which is wonderful.  But the most rewarding part is that I can recognize so much growth since I left!  I have had to take a step back to just watch and be amazed so many times this week.  I am like a proud mama!


One of my S.L.A.N.T. partners made some mason jar cut-outs for me last month.  I fell in love with them!  There were enough jars for each letter of my last name so one of my TAs made letters for me at home.  I love the way it turned out and have had compliments from everybody that has popped into my classroom!  

I am looking forward to working with my wonderful team and my endearing students this year.  I think it is going to be a great one!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain - I was so exhausted after the first week back! I still haven't had time to blog about my new classroom theme and post pics! Hope the start of your school year is a good one! Rest up! :)

    ReplyDelete