September Currently

Oh,  September.  We have a love/hate relationship.  I love fall.  I love the smells, the colors, the food, apple picking, the lazy football Sundays.  But, September also means back to reality and less time with my kids.  I love teaching and I love the excitement of back to school but I LOVE being home with my kiddos.  Who doesn't?

I am thrilled to be linking up with Farley again for the one and only CURRENTLY!  I have enjoyed getting to know new teacher-bloggers the last few months by participating in this great linky!

Here goes...



Back to work tomorrow.  The kids come on Thursday.  Did I mention that I was only in my classroom once?  Our building was still being renovated late into the eleventh hour but our principal sneaked us in a few at a time to drop some stuff off and spend a teensy-tiny bit of time in our rooms.  After being gone for 18 months, I am soooooo far behind!  

I have so much to do today before I go back, but I am enjoying some quiet time.  My Lily stayed an extra night with her cousins at the lake and Thomas is now quietly playing in his water table.  Man, he loves that thing.  Especially when he is not fighting his big sister for room to play!

I was able to spend a great weekend with my family.  The weather was GREAT on Saturday and the kids swam all day.  We were able to go on the boats.  My dad set up an outdoor movie for the kiddos both nights.  The kids LOVE that!  We also celebrated my grandma's 81st and dad's 55th birthdays.  

Of course, we always have a few mishaps when all 50+ of us are at the lake.  This time, they were both of my kids!  Thomas got stung by a bee on Saturday afternoon.  Thank goodness he didn't have a reaction.  Lily jammed a popcorn kernel up her nose on Saturday night.  Yes, she did!  I am pretty sure it fell out at some point but we were both pretty traumatized looking for it!  Good thing we have a doctor and a few nurses in the family!

The only thing missing from my great weekend was my husband who was stuck working all weekend.  I guess somebody has to make sure the airplanes get in and out safely.  

Another summer in the memory books.  It was a great one! 



Now, it's time to write a new chapter.  I know that it will be tough leaving my babies behind each day, but I also know that I will look forward to spending my evenings and weekends with them.  I just wish time didn't have to go by so quickly.  

If you're also starting back to school this weekend, I wish you the very best!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I know how hard it is to go back to work after being home with the babies! Hang in there! I know I always love the routine and seeing their smiling faces after I get off work each day. I hope your first week back goes well and that everyone adjusts perfectly!

    Permanently Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing that you were able to stay home with your babies for so long!! I'm sure spending the summer on the lake with family was a blast!! It looks nice and relaxing!! I am glad that both of your kiddos are okay after this weekend too!! I can't imagine what mine will be doing when they are that age!! Good luck on your first day this week!! You can do it!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck going back to school. Hopefully by the time kids arrive on Thursday you will be feeling confident and ready! Kids come back for us tomorrow, but I won't start groups until next week. I am hopeful that I will be ready to go by then!
    Thanks for sharing - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you can just now get into school, I'd be freaking out! 2 out of your 3 trips are my choices too: Hawaii and Australia :) Hopefully we'll both get there someday. Good luck with your new class!
    Tickled Pink in Primary

    ReplyDelete