Sunday Scoop!

Another Sunday.  Another Sunday Scoop with Teaching Trio!


My in-laws have the kids for the weekend.  Yahooo!  This NEVER happens! We are so excited to spend the entire weekend together before my husband goes back to working weekends.  

So, are we living it up?  Not really.  We are getting our yard ready for winter and catching up on day to day chores that have been neglected.  Sounds boring, but we are really just enjoying each other's company.  We even got a little trip to The Melting Pot in tonight.  It was a delicious and fun experience!



We're closing our pool tomorrow which means that summer is officially over.  Boooo!  I am not looking forward to our long winter ahead.  

But I am looking forward to Halloween!  I love October and all that comes with it!  Especially Halloween.  

This week, my kiddos worked on a following directions activity.  They earned it by working hard all week long!  They accomplished everything I needed them to and so we were able to add in a fun activity!  They LOVED it!



They're still working on their pumpkins so I don't have a picture of a finished product. 



I'm looking forward to another day off tomorrow!  My kids will be coming home so I am really looking forward to spending time with them.

I hope you've had a great weekend!  Have an amazing week!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one doing laundry today...yuck. We have an above ground and it is drained and turned off; hopefully hubby can get it put away on Wednesday when he is off. I needs scrubbing and to be taken down. It is sad to see it end. I adore the Melting Pot; we went for date night a year or so ago and did the whole three courses, which weren't necessary...cheese and dessert for me.
    Have a great SUNDAY!
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the time with your husband! I am always sad to see the cooler weather, but I just love all the fun activities that come with October.

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great that you and your husband had some time together. Kids are such a tremendous blessing, but alone time is so wonderful! I don't think there's a Melting Pot anywhere near where I live, but it sure looks good! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh The Melting Pot is always sooooo yummy!!! We haven't been in awhile, but whenever we go it is always delicious!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your kid free weekend! Sounds like you still have tons to do! I have never been to the Melting Pot! We have one about 20 miles away, but it's way too expensive for me. Maybe it would be a good treat one day!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMMM Melting Pot! I need to convince my fiance to take me there again soon. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    Cheryl
    Techie Turtle Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melting Pot... Mexican lasagna... Your post is making me hungry! Hope you enjoyed your weekend, and have a relaxing day off today! Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Chalk & Apples
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete