Got Paraprofessionals?



So, a couple weeks ago a friend of mine called me to ask some advice about handling some issues with a TA working in her classroom.  At the time, there was only a few days left of summer school but she would be working with the same TA in the fall.  

She really wanted to get the new school year off to a great start but was concerned that some of the past issues would continue.  I also am working with some new TAs in my classroom this year and really wanted to set high expectations from the start. 

I spent a few weeks working on a project to help me get the year off to a great start.  I am in love with it!  

I used pieces of it this week when I first met with my team of four Teaching Assistants.  It was the most organized I have felt when I went in for that first TA meeting!  


The biggest focuses of our conversation were confidentiality and keeping a positive outlook.  Positive thoughts breed positive thoughts and if we all keep a positive attitude, our days will be better.  Our motto this year will be "everything is great!" when anybody asks.  During our weekly meetings, we can discuss difficulties and what we need to change.  (Of course if an urgent matter pops up, we can discuss that in a professional way the same day.)

Here is a little peek at my paraprofessional pack I created and used in my meeting.  




You can find this awesome pack in my TpT store!

Do you have paraprofessionals in your classroom?  How do you get ready for the school year with them?

Speaking of great TAs, my wonderful group of ladies helped me put together one of my favorite bulletin boards this year.  They spent a lot of time cutting, gluing, cutting again, and stapling.  Isn't it so pretty?


Our students came today for "meet the teacher" but they come for the first day of school tomorrow.  I can't wait!  

post signature

No comments

Post a Comment