A Perfect Way to Display Student Work

 Yay!  The Bright Ideas Link Up is back!  I hope you all had a restful holiday season.  We had a wonderful time with both kids old enough to understand what was going on.  The excitement was electrifying!  

I am super excited to catch up on some bright ideas from my blogger buddies!  I have been inspired by so many wonderful ideas since this link up started last year.  My bright idea this month is all about displaying student work in an easy and attractive way.





I like having student work displayed in my classroom.  I mean, who doesn't?  My kiddos are so proud of their work and want to show it off to their friends.  Can you blame them?

But, I also like having an organized classroom which includes organized bulletin boards.  Student display boards have always made me cringe.  No, not because of the student work.  I would cringe because student work bulletin boards are usually a semi-organized mess.

One day, I walked into my friend's classroom and saw her display board and WOW!  It looks great!  Every kid has a space to show off their best work.  So, I tried it out in my room.


I also snapped a few pictures this afternoon right after I took down all of their New Year's work.  As you can see, every student has their own space (I used arrow clip are to cover up their names)! 



I only have 12 students that use this classroom with me so I only need 12 spaces.  For this small class, I have two pieces of horizontally oriented papers stapled up for each spot.  You can easily fit your typical size class on the same board using one piece of vertically oriented page for each student.  

I have each student's name written on their spot so they can easily find their work on display.



My favorite part about this display system, is that it encourages students to complete their work using their best effort.  Nobody wants to have an empty space!

Also, this takes a little bit of work at the beginning of the year to set up, but once it is there you can leave it up all year!  All you need to do is switch out the work that goes on their name space.  


Do you have a similar display board in your classroom?  I'd love to hear about it!


2 comments

  1. Love this idea. i used to do this when I taught older kids. You've made me want to redo my bulletin board now and add their names.
    ✿Tiffani Time 4 Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you on the Teaching Blog Addict and am your newest follower. Great ideas for displaying student work. Thanks for sharing.
    Warmly,
    Jennifer
    Astute Hoot: Tools for the Wise Teacher
    www.astutehoot.com

    ReplyDelete